Thursday, October 28, 2010

twilight*

I need to preface this post with an acknowledgment: 
Yes, I know that this party is beyond nerdy.


I threw a little Twilight/New Moon shindig the other night for my fellow Twilight lovers, Autumn, Mary, Sara & Tiffany since we were having Edward & Jacob withdrawals and the Eclipse DVD doesn't come out till December. Don't even get me started on Breaking Dawn - the first and second parts aren't released until November 2011 & 2012!  We just needed a little fix!

So of course I had to do some "research" online so I could see what fun Twilight ideas other bloggers had come up with, and I was not disappointed when I stumbled upon the Hostess with the Mostess Twilight Party page.  She has created the most amazing movie quotes designs for Twilight, New Moon & Eclipse that you can download onto your computer.  Then you just send them remotely to Kinkos using their online printing feature and then pick up at your local store all ready to go!  I popped them in some black frames I had, and then continued the black, white & red book cover theme throughout my apartment.  To finish the look I scattered tea lights all around my living room to create a vampire-ish "mood".


She also had really great drinks labels that you can download - I glued them around some wine bottles and I love how they turned out!  And I really like how the roses look with the white lilies...


 here's some of the food I made...


 "Vampire Stakes" - aka tomato mozzarella skewers with a basil vinaigrette


 "Vegetarian Dip" - aka spinach dip made with greek yogurt


 continuing the black, white & red theme


 Sara brought some fun vampire bites


"wolves in blankets" - aka chicken apple sausages wrapped in puff pastry


I served "Italiano" for everyone - but forgot to take photos (of course) once I actually put the food out...  rigatoni with chicken sausage & caramelized onions, garlic bread, & a simple arugula salad with a lemon vinaigrette.


yes, that is an Edward doll - courtesy of Autumn.  she actually had not one, but two different Edward dolls, and a Twilight puzzle - don't say I didn't warn you about this party being nerdy!!


some more movie quotes... These Forks residents can be so dramatic!


 Ooh these are really great... Autumn gave me these awesome fang ice cube trays - I filled them first with water for the teeth, and then once that was frozen I topped them off with POM for gums - pretty creepy.


 And then Mary made the most incredible red velvet cupcakes with fang marks, marshmallow ghosts & licorice bats.  It was Autumn's birthday, hence the candles.


 they were delicious...

 

of course we had to watch Twilight and New Moon-
even Miro (the dog) is routing for Team Edward!


so do I Aro, so do I...
(I am queen nerd, I know)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...